Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wtf is this rattle!!! help!!! its annoying....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wtf is this rattle!!! help!!! its annoying....

so i took the car out for a drive today and beat on it a little and then i made a stop shut the car off then when i started the car again i put it in reverse to back out i heard this rattleing noise only when accelerated to like 1500-2500 rpm but when the clutch is all the way out and the car is moving it stops........... also it does it in neutral when reved to 1500-2500rpm it rattles... same in first untill the clutch is all the way out then it stops does the same in second... once the cars rolling it stops??? i thought it was the exhaust at first like a clamps loose or like a heat shield or something and the noise seems to be coming from the center under car by the tranny.... havent got under the car yet and tried to figure it out because my car is to low.... what could it be and i will check???
Old 07-29-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

i know someone has had this happen to them and can help me out.....
Old 07-29-2007, 11:13 PM
On The Tree

ttttt
Old 07-31-2007, 01:00 AM
On The Tree

Have you done anything to your rear end lately? Changed your rear diff fluid?

Wheres the rattling coming from? Does it sound like metal banging? Grinding? Is it a cyclic/rythmatic rattling?

Even if its just a guess (and say so), you might need to get a little more info to us.
Old 07-31-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i think i had this same problem on mine. Dont know how i did it but i blew my my pass side catalyic converter. annoying as hell. but after a bout a two weeks of this metal clanging noise it stopped and threw me a nice ses light after whatever was in there cleared.
when the car was off i just put the car on stands and just shook my exhaust till i found where it was coming from.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:19 PM
12 Second Club

i have a noise close to that discription i got under the car the other day and hit the y pipe a couple of places and it sounds like its a bad weld or something right at the y. ill be getting back under it soon if i find anything out ill let you know. oh and mine only does it on cold starts and a while after that then once the temp gets normal run temp (200) then it goes away.. exhaust noise= pissed off
Old 07-31-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a noise like that but am not sure what it is. Its not very loud and only does it sometimes. I think its the shitty cutout the last owner put on the car as the noise comes from around there.

Quick Reply: wtf is this rattle!!! help!!! its annoying....