Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust setup - True duals - Need adivces and opinions

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust setup - True duals - Need adivces and opinions

Hello,

I'm going with a True Duals setup , no cats, inline mufflers that will exit behind the doors, right in front of the rear wheels.

The car is at his normal height now, but is probably going to be lowered a bit, with Eibach sportline or prokit, I'd say at max 1.5in re 1.6in fr or about that.

Main dilema: Do I go with mid tubes or long tubes and do I go with 2.5in or 3 in tubings.

Also, is it best to have the EGR, AIR system deleted before installing the headers or can I run the car with the full exhaust setup installed without having to bother about AIR and EGR.

Another advice:

Pacetters or Flowtech (Flo don't make mids) My seller tells me he'd rather have Flowtech than Pacetters one just for quality matter. Advices on that, which of these two are the best bet for the buck. Any fitments issues or quality issues with any?? They are going to be ceramic coated.

Last thing, I've seen Hooker headers LTs ceramic coated going at 380$. Whats the deal with that, seems cheap to me for Hooker's one, looks like a good bet.

Thanks

Last edited by JayErnie; 07-30-2007 at 10:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go with Pacesetter LT's...I don't understand why he would say Flowtech has better quality. There's many threads about flowtech vs Pacesetter but it seems like Pacesetter definately has the better quality for the price. If you're very concerned about ground clearance you might stick with 2 1/2" pipe although there are many people though who are running 3" true duals while lowered. I would suggest just pulling the egr/air whenever you're swapping the exhaust out also.