Sponsored by:

breathing and spark

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default breathing and spark

is an slp lid and ram air induction a waste of time. is it really worth $200+

and also is ok to just change the plugs and wires without replacing the coils.

i dont have the $800 to go with the MSD "tune-up" just enough to get some NGK's and Bosch wires, + plus my small other goodies
Old 07-31-2007, 11:07 AM
On The Tree

The Lid is a good mod. The plugs and wires are also good. You don't need the MSD kit until you start making some serious power. Look around there are a bunch of Lids out there.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:10 AM
Teching In

from wat ive read, the slp seems to be the best.... quailty and performance
Old 07-31-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There will never be a time that you will need to buy the msd coils they are a proven waste of money. If you want a proven good deal get truck coils and I have part #s but to tell you the truth you don't need them. They are only a performance advantage when you are experiencing spark plug blowout from forced induction. Or there may be a thing or two that the nitrous people have to offer info wise, where you may need them. Spend your money wisely bud. I realize you aren't ready to buy them but down the road they are a waste of money. Your car has the spark to send blower cars to 1100 and 1200 hp without problems usually. Also you are going to want a good lid that is oem quality or you will have leaks and problems. A cheap lid you will suck dirt and ruin your rings in a lot faster time than stock plus a k&n filter does not filter as good as stock to start with its just a sacrifice we have to make. A lot of people will disagree with that but its true to an extreme, they just flow a lot more. I don't like most of the slp line of products but the lid is a good one, oem quality, good power and no they are not all the same. They also have one other good product to turn off your traction control till you want it on, I have it.
I would say first line of defense is lid and filter. plugs and wires. "msd and ngk" then maybe underdrive pullies, next do exhaust and preferably a set of headers with it like kooks with merg collectors and maybe an intake then a tune at a dyno. And if you can swing it a cam "thunder or legenfelder" with all that before the tune, and maybe some heads like AFR. I would study before you buy stuff and become educated, "search is your friend" then buy what you want that satisfies your goals. Just because I say this or that don't mean its what you want now or in 5 yrs. But its good advise, and I've been doing this awhile, and its all I can say considering I don't know if you have a stick or an auto.

Last edited by BOONE; 07-31-2007 at 12:53 PM.