Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

402 stroker question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 402 stroker question

Im in the process of building another engine for my car.

My engine builder wants to use a new LS2 block. 4.00 pistons, 4.0 stroke with 6.2 rods.

The pistons will be a custom set from JE with a metric ring stack because of the piston pin moving up.

Eagle crank, the rods will be their light weight ones.

He is telling me that the longer rods free up some eficency and quicker revs. And the rods weigh the same as 7 that I have now. And I have a second chance with the block if somthing happens to a cylinder.

The price diff between an off the shelf rotator and the custom rotator is $800.00.

Is this worth it and has anyone done this?
Also I have a set of LS6 CNC ported heads, will they be any good with the new setup or shoud I invest in a diffrent set.
Any ideas on a cam?

I'd like to see 500 or more RWHP if possible.

Thanks for any help it is appreciated.

Greg
Old 08-01-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't see why you would do all that custom stuff when you can get stuff off the shelf cheaper. The 6.125 combinations are well proven to be highly durable. Be careful he is not trying to sell yo some stuff that he has "laying around".

-Geoff
Old 08-01-2007, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Don't go with any special rods. With the $800.00 you can get a larger bore and get guaranteed power. Scoggin-Dickey has L92 427's for about $900.00 more than their LS2 402.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sartobuilt
Im in the process of building another engine for my car.

My engine builder wants to use a new LS2 block. 4.00 pistons, 4.0 stroke with 6.2 rods.

The pistons will be a custom set from JE with a metric ring stack because of the piston pin moving up.

Eagle crank, the rods will be their light weight ones.

He is telling me that the longer rods free up some eficency and quicker revs. And the rods weigh the same as 7 that I have now. And I have a second chance with the block if somthing happens to a cylinder.

The price diff between an off the shelf rotator and the custom rotator is $800.00.

Is this worth it and has anyone done this?
Also I have a set of LS6 CNC ported heads, will they be any good with the new setup or shoud I invest in a diffrent set.
Any ideas on a cam?

I'd like to see 500 or more RWHP if possible.

Thanks for any help it is appreciated.

Greg

Good luck with your new setup either way. I chose to go TSP and have them build the longblock. I have eagle crank and scat rods with diamond pistons. LS2 block with 4 inch bore and stroke. Revs fast and makes good low end in heavy *** car.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks for the replys guys.

He dosent have extra parts lying arround. He happens to be a friend. We are juist trying new things.

He has a 7 sec. alcohol dragster and he played arround with rod lengths on that and he believes in the hidden power.

I just lookin to build that unblievable 403 package.

All the extra work that he has and will do is still cheeper than mail order.

Quick Reply: 402 stroker question