PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anybody using Fast Sequential System??

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2003, 10:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anybody using Fast Sequential System??

I am interested in what the FAST system has to offer. Is anyone using the sequential setup on their LS1? If so does it offer more or less options than an autotap/ls1edit combo? If FAST is supposable one of the best tuning systems, I would rather spend the extra grand on it instead of buying edit and autotap which would cost close to $1000 anyway. The only thing that I know about it, is that you can change the spark and fuel on each individual cylinder. Please educate me. What has to be installed for the FAST setup? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: anybody using Fast Sequential System??

I have used the system on my race car as a FP Performance SEFI8LO (2 naming generations ago), but it is the same system. The thing to keep in mind is that it is purely an engine controller. By replacing the PCM with one of these, you will lose everything in your car but the engine (speedo, cruise control, A/C control, etc). It will only allow you to run the engine, fans and fuel pump, nitrous, etc.

That said, it offers a neat style of tuning that is different than the stock PCM. Don't ever let anyone tell you that it is more powerful, just different. The factory PCM is awesome in it's own right, but a little more difficult to get right with a wild combo.

If you have a street car that you care to drive around at all in, my suggestion is to go the LS1_edit route and keep your car liveable. If it is going to be a race car that just needs to have the engine controlled, then F.A.S.T. is a fantastic product that will be easier to tune than most any other option (especially if you spring for the WB02 option).