Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

SLP line Lock help

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 08:25 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP line Lock help

I bought the SLP Line Lock thru Summitracing. the directions suck and are illegible. Does anyone have a pic of their that I can visually see?
my buddy advised me that once its visually seen, it makes perfect sense and is very easy otherwise, you kinda scratch ur head. Its a "needs to be seen" kind of thing.
thanks
Old 08-01-2007, 09:59 PM
11 Second Club

Location: where ever i can store my car. (palos hills,il for now)

no pics at this tim but it is easy you run on line off the master to the solenoid and the other end goes to the abs box if i am not mistaken the top line is to the master and the bottem line goes to the abs box then you run a power and then a ground then you run the switch into the car where you want it.
i will try to ge tsome pics up by this weekend to help you out.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Red face

each line can only go on one way....I mounted mine on the front of the wheel well...and then you will see how the lines go...

Everything went smoothly until I was cru'sin @ 50 MPH and the linelock, for no reason (it wasn't even hooked to power yet), locked completely up on me....resulting in lots of cursing, swerving, horn honking....and oh yeah, and $85 tow home because it would not release!

I threw it away and bought an SJM linelock, have yet to install that one..

Erik
Old 08-01-2007, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

no pictures but a little info
LINE LOCK INFO

IS hole behind pcm , but I drill hole beside steering colum also ( drill from inside out ) put a peace of rubber hose in hole ran wire inside hose, then use same type wire wrap as GM,tie wrap to the big rubber hose comming over master cyl
I also mounted switch in ash tray
I have used this unit for6-7 years with NO problems ( well yes one problem :::SLICK tires )

PS ::Connect brake line to master cyl and line lock ,the second line which goes to ABS block start it but leave it loose,remove cap from master cyl and let the lines grivity bleed watch the loose connection untill all air is out and run pure fluid ( may shake the line a little to help bleed ( REMEMBER BRAKE FLUID WILL REMOVE PAINT
I placed plastic sheet over fender)if does not gravity bleed blow into master cyl and have some one watch for fluid at ABS block >>>THIS way you do not have to bleed the brakes from under car- I had no air in system or any problem of any kind > Never need to pump petel, just apply brakes and flip line lock switch and breakes hold
also the picture from SLP is UPSIDE DOWN install with the wire connection UP
Sorry for the long post, hope it helps
Old 08-02-2007, 01:59 AM
On The Tree

that helps now, I got it. Once you realize where to mount it, its simple. THanks
Old 08-02-2007, 04:17 AM
TECH Resident

here are some pix of mine, u can kinda see it