Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front brakes not releasing

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 04:11 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front brakes not releasing

My set up consists of:
-LS1 front brake calipers w/ new lines bent to eliminate abs, etc.
-LT1 rear calipers w/ stock line from the mastercylinder back
-Madman manual master cylinder
-Line lock in the front brake line

The problem:

The rear brakes release fine after pushing the brake pedal, however, the front brakes feel like they are sticking some. Its extremely hard to trun the front wheels after applying the brakes and the car will not roll if you try to push it around. After awhile they loosen up some and you can turn the wheels easy. The car still drives around fine but i'm sure its eating up the pads with the brakes lightly dragging. I've tried pulling the calipers off and rebuilding them but that did not help any.

Any other ideas?
Old 08-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Closed Sponsor Account

Lemme guess, is it an SLP line lock?

Not to knock SLP, but their linelock engaged on me after I applied the brakes on a major road going about 60mph....almost killed me....and cost me $80 for a tow home...

I now am trying an SJM unit...

Take it all apart,and rebleed...use the correct fluid, check all connections, and try again!

Good luck
Erik
Old 08-06-2007, 09:45 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
Lemme guess, is it an SLP line lock?

Not to knock SLP, but their linelock engaged on me after I applied the brakes on a major road going about 60mph....almost killed me....and cost me $80 for a tow home...

I now am trying an SJM unit...

Take it all apart,and rebleed...use the correct fluid, check all connections, and try again!

Good luck
Erik
Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm running a b&m line lock. Everything has been apart when I decided to rebuild the calipers. I'm wondering if the I need a larger line for the front brake lines maybe? Or maybe I should try getting a new piece of line and just running it straight from the master cylinder to one caliper and checking if it still hangs. That would eliminate everything in between like the line lock and t fitting.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:32 PM
FormerVendor

What size brake lines is everyone else running in the front? I swaped out a brand new caliper today and still had the same issue after bleeding the brakes again.

Also my line lock is mounted higher then the master cylinder so i'm wondering if thats causing any of my problem. Air has no way to get out of it unless the fluid can push it all the way to the calipers when i'm bleeding them.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:48 PM
Launching!

How old are your brake lines? I had the same problem on a 3rd gen once. The inner lining of the brake line colapsed and wouldn't let the fluid back through. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: front brakes not releasing