Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 09:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake issue...

First off my pedal feels good and then its like it just hits a wall and wont go any further. It still stops the car but its not normal by any means. Tonight i bled all four corners starting w/the passenger side rear to the drivers side front. And i also bled them from the ABS block under the hood and they feel a little better but still not right. I figured it was the brake booster but when i went to pull the line out u could hear a bunch of air come through it so i know its holding vacuum and the check valve is holding as well. Any other ideas on what it could be cause now im totally lost on this deal!
Old 08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

if it's pulling a little to one side... stuck/seized caliper piston or guide pins.

internally collapsed/blocked common brake line to both fronts.

ABS issue?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the caliper slide pins lock up a lot in fbody's.

I'd pull the caliper off and lube the slide pins in the bracket....if they don't pull out their stuck. Then you gotta torch them til they come free.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Regular

What exactly slide pins are you talking about? Where the pads actually on the bracket? Or is it part of the caliper itself? I'm kind of lost.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Grab a Haynes manual, take apart your brakes and learn about how everything works. I'm suprised you attempted bleeding your brakes and don't know about the pads and stuff.

Did you bleed your brakes properly?
Old 08-07-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Grab a Haynes manual, take apart your brakes and learn about how everything works. I'm suprised you attempted bleeding your brakes and don't know about the pads and stuff.

Did you bleed your brakes properly?
I realize what the slide pins are now. I had a major brain fart last night. And yes i did bled my brakes properly AND know about the pads and stuff.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Resident

This happened with my blue car on several occasions. I changed the pads (because I thought the problem was with them just glazing up and not biting) and I never had a problem again. You can try filing down the surface of the pad to rough them up and take off the old worn down/glazed over pad material.

Quick Reply: Brake issue...