LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Stumble Off Idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 11:58 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stumble Off Idle

So, My car, as you can tell by the title, is stumbleing off idle. It feels like it has a miss in, but only at idle. Its like if I sit for a minute and then attempt to go, the car will sound like it wants to stall for about 15 ft and then pick up like nothing happened. I have checked the plug wires and I have cleaned the MAF. I got new o2 sensors as well, just havent had a chance to put them in. What do you guys think that the problem could be. Also, my muffler was recently damaged, cannot tell from what, but I feel that it may be a blow-out situation. Could the car running to rich (from either the tune or the o2's) be the cause of this situation. I dont think the muffler itself could be the cause, its a clean whole and the exhaust is clearly escaping from it. I order a new magnaflow system last night from lpe. I also order the cable I need to upload my own tune and I will be updating my mail order tune when the cable arrives. As of right now I have a PCMforLess tune. Once the car is moving, it drives as though things were normally, and still has enough get up to put a Mustang away. What would you guys do?

Car is a 95 z28 auto also. All bolton car. Full exhaust. Thanks,

Matt
Old 08-07-2007, 12:46 PM
On The Tree

No ideas?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Resident

Put those new O2s in it. Mine was acting like that a while back and new o2s cleared it right up.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Figured it out today. Turns out the wire off the coil was arching and burnt / broke pretty bad. Cut it off and put new ends on it and it works fine. Threw the o2's on just for fun. Problem solved with the coil though.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Mine likes to stumble as well, real irritating with an m6. I didn't notice the wire from the coil looking funny at all, but I'll be doing plugs and wires soon anyways. Any other reasons that anyone can think of?