Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another Texan--Alvin with Z28

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Texan--Alvin with Z28

Hey all, definitely not a Newb here, but new with a Z28. I am back to the F-body fold after about 6 years of none. I have had a 2nd Gen TA, 3rd Gen RS Camaro, and a 4th Gen--2000 TA. Have been messing around with the GM latemodel trucks for the last few years, and still have one for my DD now, but wanted to get back into and 4th Gen F-bod.

I recently bought a 1999 NBM Z28 from my father. Since his retirement last year, he hardly ever drives it. Its sitting at 49,000 miles on the Odometer and still a mod virgin. Knowing my dad probably still has the original paper filter. He takes good care of all his vehicles, but still not as well as myself. I have been spending all my time repairing/replacing/cleaning stuff up. Outside is in really great condition except the headlights need to be replaced--they are pretty oxidized and probably oversprayed from his old job at Exxon. Inside is another story. Carpet, seats, and headliner is all in good cond. but needs to be cleaned. I have some speakers to replace, and eventually replace the tan cloth seats with some black leather ones. All in due time, I have lots of plans for it inside and out, and definitely performance mods. Will post some pics later this weekend, but hey we all know what the catfish looks like.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sweet !! welcome