Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's, !AIR, and gas smell... help

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's, !AIR, and gas smell... help

Couple questions about the !AIR mod. I have an 02. Can I just remove the whole air system, use the block off plates, and be ok or will it throw a code with the stock manifolds?

I want to get lt's with my true duals but I don't want the smell of gas at all so I'll probably keep the smell away and put cats on it, not to mention keep it legal. Is there another way to not get the gas smell with no cats on longtubes? The XS ss headers seem to be popular right now, but what headers offer the best ground clearance? I thought about just getting mids but I hear they don't flow much better than the stock manifolds. Also, I will have Strano springs. Ground clearance is a big thing to me. There's alot of uneven pavement where I live. Maybe Tainted can chime in.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well as far as the smell goes, i love the smell of octane through LT's with no cats. i hear that mac mids are the best flowing mids you can get, and that they flow almost as well as some LT's. i have pacesetter LT's with their y-pipe, just put it on last weekend and I LOVE it, but im still at stock height. a buddy of mine is lowered with the same setup, except a tsp ory, and he only scrapes on his cutout.
Old 08-14-2007, 05:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

How strong is the gas smell if you are outside the car? Is it like somebody spilled gas down the side of the car?
Old 08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i guess mine is worse than i thought. you cant really smell it inside the car unless your stopped. but its pretty bad outside the car, i actully had one of my friends follow me home last night by following my exhaust smell
Old 08-14-2007, 05:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have pacesetters with cats. No smell here
Old 08-14-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get a tune. you're probably running rich.

Quick Reply: LT's, !AIR, and gas smell... help