Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

got a 402 now what do i need???

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a 402 now what do i need???

Just recieved a 402 shortblock (used) from a member here it has the eagle kit with je pistons, should be good for a 200 shot of juice. it came with the cam, lifters, front cover and valley cover, oil pump, and timing set. the timing chain seems a little loose. The motor does not have that much run time on it. although i can see a few bolt holes that need to be helicoiled. my question is 1) what does the tube coming out of the valley cover hook to i am assuming it is just a breather, like the valve cover. 2)the reluctor wheel is a 2 peice looking design. I am assuming that it is a 24x like i need. 3)i know i can easily rewire the knock sensors and the cam sensor, but i am leaning more tward a harness kit. does anybody have the part #'s the block has all the plugs that i can see. is there anything else i need? will my 98 coolant crossover vapor pipe work? I am planning on a fast 90. I also noticed that the crank snout doesnt have a keyway for the balancer. now i have never had a gen 3 or newer lower end apart. i will assume it is a press fit balancer. will my ls1 balancer work. The motor is set up for internal balance. how big of an injector should i run? I am sure i will post more questions as i get into it. Although it pobalby wont go in the car for a while till i build funds for head, intake ect... thank you in advance for any input.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heads