Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best head and cam package for 98 ls1 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best head and cam package for 98 ls1 camaro

hey guys was wondering if you could help me. im looking for the best head and cam package for my camaro. i was looking into the ls6 conversion from summit racing but was wondering if there was something better out there. i also want to run a nitrous oxide kit on my car, i just purchased the nx kit. my car is stock for now, i do have a lid , cold air intake, and a slp loudmouth. i just took it to sac raceway and my best time was a 13.5 @ 105 and my reaction time was horrible .5xx, it was my first time there. also if you can tell me what kind of horse power gains with this set up i can expect and 1/4 mile times. thanks alot appreciate the help.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:02 AM

when it comes to choosing a cam, it can take forever to make the decision. I sat on my cam questions and heads for a long time...I finally went with a Futral F13 cam with 243 casting LS6 heads that I ported myself. Going with a bigger cam will force you to upgrade your springs and what not with your heads...but If you go with the 02 LS6 cam, just go with the heads GM designed for them (the 243 casting). You need to decide if you want your car to be entirely streetable or if you wanna go big with the cam. Hope I helped a bit man.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:23 AM
12 Second Club

use the search button. there are a million threads containing good heads and good cams. i dont suggest ordering anything from summit for head cam packages.
i suggest a set of afr heads.
and contact the member PATRICK G and he will be able to help you on a cam
Old 08-20-2007, 11:39 AM
bsf
TECH Resident

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Familiarize yourself with the website and make use of the information people have already posted. Read, think, then ask if necessary.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:05 PM
TECH Addict

you should be in the internal section.

but yeah PatrickG is very helpful if you decide to ask him for advice

Quick Reply: best head and cam package for 98 ls1 camaro