Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Idea

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header Idea

Ok i came up with an idea, it might be **** but its worth a try.

Since people are having trouble with non coated pacesetters and other brands, what if you sprayed them with a spray in bed liner application. That way they would covered in a rubber ( solve the banging problem?) and that way rocks and **** wouldn't be able to chip it. I dont know how high of a heat it can handle though. I searched and didnt find anything so maybe someone can shed some light on this?
Old 08-18-2007, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a good idea. Your LT's will get too hot for this & it won't solve the banging issue. The best fix for banging is poly motor mounts. A cheap fix is a chunk of radiator hose between the ORY & floor.

I would just shoot it with some good high temp paint & call it a day. Unless you want to take them in to get ceramic coated, or send them to get jethot coated.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As mentioned, the banging issues may be aided by some poly motor mounts but, fitment issues can be a bigger concern sometimes... ofcourse a high quality header will fit tons better and wouldn't have any of those problems or a need to massage/hack up your cat to make them fit

Honestly, my personal experience with high-temp coatings wasn't the best. On my previous TA I had a set of Jet-Hot coated Kook's headers and they quickly chipped and rusted down near the collector, it really looked like **** and I was NOT happy.

Do it right and do it right the first time...why waste your time & money just to not be happy or even worse have to do it twice. Get a good high quality fitting stainless header and call it a day.