Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Temp

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Engine Temp

Does anyone know what their engine temp is running at? I got a new scanner and was at a peak of 217 in traffic on a high ninety degree day.

With a 180 degree T stat does this seem too high? I was trying to listen for the fans but I could not tell if they were on... Im assuming they were because of the temperature.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

actually in hot weather the t-stat will have no bearing on the engine temp.. the fan on and off temps in the tune will change the running temps.

in a stock f car tune fan 1 or low fan comes on/off at 226/219 and fan 2 or high fan is 234/227 so 217 the fan probably just shut off or was never hot enough to turn on anyhow.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Mine usually is right in the middle although the other day it is was in the 90's and I was driving somewhat hard and it got a little hotter than normal. Go to a gas station and come to find out I was low on coolant. Topped it off and It was right in the middle again. Recommed to do a service on your cooling system if the coolant looks in bad shape or you have done one in along time.