Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

water temp and oil pressure gauge install help.. search no help

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water temp and oil pressure gauge install help.. search no help

hey guys,

like title says, i have electrical gauges in water temp and oil pressure. i searched the site with no help. i also searched yahoo with no real help. i'm looking for an easy spot to install both the senders. i install the water temp sender on my other cars in the water pump. i would just take it off and drill and tap it to the size i need. would this work? where do i install the oil pressure sender?

pics would be great. thanks for the help
Old 08-22-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a mechanical oil pressure gauge in my Z28 in the block right above the oil filter, there is a plug in the block right next to the large coolant drain plug. At least it was on this 6.0 Iron block. I took it out, and use an adapter to screw right into the block, and I was done. It was tricky getting in there and tightening it because there are some things in the way.

As for the temp sensor, I think I would install it in one of the coolant hoses coming off the water pump if it were me. Get a hose coupler of the right size that you can easily drill and tap, and then cut the rad hose and use your coupler to rejoin the hose. Much easier than removing the wp and risk damaging it by drilling it and tapping it. OR you could use that block drain plug thats next to the oil pressure plug I was talking about earlier, and adapt to it's size and screw it directly into the block. There might be another place to install the coolant temp sensor, but I cant recall of where at the moment.

Good luck!