Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning VE Using LTFT's

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 09:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tuning VE Using LTFT's

Guys, I have a couple of questions with tuning my VE using LTFT reading. They are probably basic but I am green at this and I can't get the search function to work right now.

1/ In HPT I set the MAF Fail freq. to zero as per a write-up I had on tuning your VE. It states that that will set a P0103 code but during my 1 hr. of logging data it never set any codes? Did I do something wrong there?

2/ Once I logged all my data I saved it and all but now how do I use the info I have in my histogram? What I mean is do I use the average of the readings, the min. or the max reading as my values to eaither add or subtract from the VE tanble?

3/ I logged the data and saved it but once I open it back up in the scanner all the histograms are blank, how do I get the data back?

4/ Once I find the LTFT value for each cell that needs to be added or subtracted from the VE table, do I need to do this one cell at a time or is there an easier way to do it?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:18 PM
Teching In

1. Yes, something is wrong. You must throw a maf fail code to enter into SD mode.

2. Average

3. Hit the play button in the upper right hand corner and wait. It will replay the entire log and populate your histograms.

4. No, filter the data with at least 30 cell hits and then copy the whole table and paste special>add it into the VE table
Old 08-22-2007, 02:26 PM
10 Second Club

1) unplug the MAF as well.

2) use average.

3) open log file. right click on the histogram table and select load all data. way quicker than hitting play and waiting for the log to play out.

4) copy entire LTFT histogram. go to main VE table and right click on it. select paste special then multiply % - half, if within 5%, or multiply % if more. if the values are positive, it will add. if the values are negative, it will subtract.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys.

I figured out how to use the play feature myself and was able to find some info on HPT's site about using the average of the LTFT's.

My car did throw the P0103 code today but it was well after I had already logged and such. Is my data no good to use? In the log data it did have MAF readings recorded in lbs/min. Does that mean the MAF was still functioning?

As for copying the LTFT tables into the VE table, I will look at that tonight.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

So I learned something last night. Once you pull the MAF plug and start to drive the SES light will not come on. You could drive the car for a week and it won't set P0103. Its not until you turn the car off then start it again that it gets thrown.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Once you copy the LTFT table to the VE table and paste special using multiply %, do you then smooth the graph or leave it as it is?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

When you log data for LTFT tuning it is said to not enter PE. Stock this is set to go into PE at 3200 rpm. Should I increase this for tuning, leave it, or should it be raised anyway???