Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New option for LM resonator replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New option for LM resonator replacement?

Well I have Hooker LT's ORY-pipe and a LM with a 18" bullet welded in place of the resonator. I'm tired of the rasp that's still present and the drone on the hwy. I've decided to look into some new otpions instead of just getting rid of it. My first option is finding a 3"in/out chambered pipe like sweet thunder sells, but so far that search has turned up nothing. My second option is buying 2 y-collectors and 2 sweet thunder chambered mufflers. Do like a -<=>- type deal with the 2 mufflers and y's in place of the resonator.
I'll probably end up doing this one if I can't find my first option. I'd probably just have my exhaust shop weld up the Y's though and try to stuff the 2 mufflers in the small space side by side.
Old 05-26-2003, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: New option for LM resonator replacement?

Did you check with our new sponsor Stainless Works? Matt is a great help.
Old 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've emailed them about the 3" chambered pipe and am waiting for a responce. I saw on their site where they have a chambered exhaust for the newer F-bodies. It looked like they made a 3" chambered section but they don't have anything like that listed on their site for sale. Either way I'll probably end up with some form of chambered sections.
Old 05-27-2003, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well Stainless Works and Sweet Thunder both emailed me back saying they couldn't make 3" ID chambered pipes. I guess I'm going to look into fitting two 2.5" or 2.25" chambered sections side by side in place of the resonator. Now the problem looks to be that the Sweet Thunder pipes come in 18" sections and I still have to fit 2 Y's in there. There definately won't be room for flowmaster y's.