Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Tank Swap Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Tank Swap Problem

I'm in the process of swapping a LS1 engine and gas tank in a 84 Camaro that had a 305 Carb'd engine in it, I'm also using a Ractronix pump and harness in the new tank, does anyone know where do I hook up the gray wire for fuel pump control and where do I hook up the sending unit wires they are Ppl, Blk/whit(ground)....the old connector on the car that went to the sending unit on the old tank is blk, pink, looks like brn/white.

Thanks
Old 08-26-2007, 12:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think your 84' only had a manual fuel pump on the engine, there was not a intank pump original. The wire should be your fuel level sender/gauge only.

GM did make a Electric intank conversion sender/pump kit and wiring kit. If you look up the GM ZZ4 Conversion Guide, It should have the correct sender kit and part numbers. You could just replace the pump with a Walbro or something to get the 58psi needed for the LS1. Problem is that the tank is still not baffled. I will try and find my old paper work and post the part # later.

I used the guide to swap in a ZZ4 cloned engine and setup.. but could not completely do it all, since the ZZ4 swap is only setup for A4's and not M5's. I still have the chip.

Quick Reply: Fuel Tank Swap Problem