Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Proform shifter

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Proform shifter

I couldnt find any previous threads on this thing, does anyone have one? Summit sells them for pretty cheap and I was just wondering if they're any good. They're significantly cheaper than any of the other shifters, but not so cheap to immediately seem like a piece of crap.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't imagine it to be a horrible shifter. Any aftermarket shifter you get will be much better than stock. It's made from billet aluminum (just like all the other top-name manufacturers) and Proform is a good company and sells good aftermarket stuff (not just some cheap ebay company). I have Proform roller rockers and they've held up great after many miles of daily use and occasional drag racing, so I know Proform is good. The only thing is that I don't know of anyone who's used this shifter, so I can't say anything about the smoothness or throw or anything. Try to find out a percentage of how much shorter the throw is.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cant find anything on it. Their own website hardly speaks about its benefits. Has anyone used it? Why the heck hasnt there been a thread on this thing... I mean come on, its cheap!

Quick Reply: Proform shifter