LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where do the abs and tcs sensors go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where do the abs and tcs sensors go?

I have two plugs unplugged on my driver side closer to the head light. IM showing a ABS inop and TCS OFF light on my dash. Where can I plug them in? Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 08-28-2007, 09:00 PM
Teching In

The are no Traction Control Sensors except the ABS Speed Sensors located at each wheel bearing on the front and in the top of the differential in the rear for a 3 sensor system. For a four sensor system there will be sensors at all four wheel bearings. Look at the ABS pump and look for either three or four output lines to determine your system. You need to have the ABS scanned but usually it is a dirty sensor on the front. Take off your front wheels and hit the brakes and sensors with some brake clean and clean the electrical connector with contact cleaner then reassemble and see how it does. If that doesn't work then try the same procedure on the rear and if all else fails then get it scanned. You will need someone with the TECH1 scanner to determine the problem.

If all else fails then it is time for an ABS delete kit. You can save some weight and they are easy to come across. That is what I did with mine. All it took for me is the ABS to give me one really close call by applying back pressure on the pedal and out is came along with my air bags. Those damn things are heavy!!!!

Quick Reply: Where do the abs and tcs sensors go?