Sponsored by:

Help, Tune review?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Tune review?

Hi,

Not sure if this is allowed or not, but I recently had a dyno tune and the shop uses HPtuners. They have some experience in the import world, but they have only recently bought the HPTunners and started doing GM cars. I would like to see this shop get experience (and a good rep) as they are fairly close to me. I searched on my ZIP and there are no LS1TECH sponsors within 250 miles.

Anyway, would anyone be willing to tell me if the tune is decent? I have the tune file and a log file. I don't really need to get 100% out of the motor, but would like the tune checked out and get any suggestions for improvement or to avoid any errors from inexperience.

I have a LS6 motor with a LPE package (I got the motor used and so my need for a tune) It has their GT1-1 cam and ported heads & LS6 intake. As well as LG's street headers. The crank balancer is stock, and the TB is off of my old LS1 as is the MAF. I will look at getting a new TB and MAF, any suggestions?

Thanks for your input,
Matt
Old 08-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Log and tune files
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
Matt 00 C5 Log.hpl (20.5 KB, 51 views)
File Type: hpt
Matt's 00 C5 MAC Tune 4.hpt (456.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-28-2007, 07:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks pretty much stock... the high octane table is much lower than stock through WOT (?), the VE table is stock , the MAF table is stock and from what I can tell, the PE table is pretty close to stock too, commanding about 11.8:1 still up top. You have positive fuel trims offsetting your WOT fueling like 10%! One of the basic parts of tuning is getting the fuel trims in line at 0% to slightly negative so that they do not affect WOT. COT was left turned on which will cause it to dump fuel on at WOT under many conditions adding to the high commanded PE and stuck positive trimming) and if left on can confuse new tuners as to why the car gets so rich at WOT. There's quite a bit they can do with the tranny tables too. TBH it doesn't look like much was done at all past rev limiter adjustments that was helpful.

I dunno, if I paid for this I'd unfortunately be a little unhappy.

Last edited by Frost; 08-28-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:33 AM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply! Ya, not real happy about this tune, I went to a shop that has a wideband (or at least what they said was a wide band, you could tell me anything about tuning and I couldn't tell ) and a dyno, of which there are not a lot around here.

I've heard the same thing from a couple of people. I'm not really surprised, but a little disapointed. I kind of knew something was not right when they didn't come close to the HP range that this engine can do, even considering the minor difs in bolt ons.

Make sense that it does not drive real well...

Contacted a mail order tune place and will try my luck there...