Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need advice/help please

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need advice/help please

I did a search, but couldn't find an answer, so I hope someone can help.

I installed a CF Dual Friction clutch and billet flywheel last week along with all new hydraulics. After the install I took a test drive. There was a vibration throughout the whole RPM range, but more severe at certain RPMs. The whole install was done 100% correctly with out any doubt. Upon calling Centerforce, I was told to rotate the clutch 120* and see if that helped. Well, of course that would NOT help as it would put the clutch way off center. I was then told that the only option is to take the flywheel and have it balance-matched to my stock flywheel. Do you think this will completely resolve the vibration issue? I was told they only hear of this happening "maybe 3 times a year"....

Also, will I need to install a spacer? I pulled the tranny tonight and am taking the flywheel to the machine shop tomorrow so if I need a spacer, I'll have to order one ASAP. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's ur call if u need a spacer behind the slave. if the clutch engages too soon off the floor for ur taste and/or if it's a lil hard shifting when ur driving then IMO u need a shim.

vibration...it could be the new flywheel/clutch system u just put in but if I'm not mistaken it should get worse the higher RPM u go. I guess there could be certain RPMs where is feels like it's shaking worse (like a vibrating phone). I would definitely have the flywheel balanced, if u could have the entire clutch system balanced together. I don't know if they can do that, I've never had that issue.