Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just a couple quick tint questions Please

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a couple quick tint questions Please

I'm getting my black WS6 done tomorow, so I just want to make sure I have everything covered. It is going to be done in 1 piece, 5% tint on back with vinyl tape over the dot matrix, 20% on sides. Anyways does this all sound good? Let me know!
Also, a big thing I was wondering about is, I have about 4 stickers that span accross the bottom of my side windows from the factory. Do they remove these stickers when they tint the window, or just lay it over them? I would really like to hear opinions on this! Do you think it would look wierd with the stickers showing through the tint? Thanks guys! I know this is longer than expected, and I have had a few posts about tinting already, but I really want to get this right the first time! Thanks for all your responses guys, and on the previous posts! Thanks again!
Old 05-28-2003, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: Just a couple quick tint questions Please

Sounds like you got everything....If the stickers are on the inside of the window yes they will be removed before tint is applied. You're going to love the new tint.....Also one other suggestion is that recomend that they tint below the window seal on the driver and pass windows(about an inch). It looks a lot cleaner and less chance of problems
Old 05-28-2003, 05:35 PM
TECH Regular

Hey thanks 2K2Camaro! I also forgot to mention! On my buddies cavalier, he had his back window tinted 5% also, but his defogger lines show straight through his tint, so there are orange defogger lines running straight accross the tint! I didn't like it at all! Why did they do that? More importantly, will my back window be like that on my WS6 when they get done with it? Is it just certain cars or something? PLEASE help me out, I'm getting it tinted tomorow morning, and I want to be sure that it won't be like that! Please let me know your opinions! Thanks a lot guys!!!
Old 05-28-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know if they have it on Firebirds, but on my Camaro on the upper portion of the rear window there are a few hundred little dots that the tint won't form a perfect seal, but I had no problem with the defrost lines, just make sure the guy who is doing it is a pro, good luck
Old 05-28-2003, 10:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the defroster lines will be visible, there is nothing that can be done about that, its not the tint guys fault, some vehicles have more of a noticable defroster line than others.

I have 20% on my TA, and its not bad looking for the defroster lines.

the top dot matrix, i will be installing vinyl or paint in the near future, as i do not like the way it was covered the first time. but sounds like you have all covered.

I removed the 4 stickers the day i got the car, so im not sure what most do, i would get them removed though. looks weird.

Ryan
Old 05-29-2003, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have 5% on all windows. they took off the stickers for me. however, they went over the dot matrix on the back window, and you can see where it didnt stick to the glass. I asked him about that, but he said I wouldnt have any problems with it. Should I try and cut it out around the dots, and maybe paint over the dots? Any suggestions?
thanks

Quick Reply: Just a couple quick tint questions Please