New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

traction control? On but off at the same time?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default traction control? On but off at the same time?

I dont have a TC switch in the car, however there is a toggle switch in the car, that is aftermarket. It is broke, needs to be saudered *sp is way off* back. I cannot burn out at the track, my rear makes noise and my car vibrates, but on the street I can light up 1st and 2nd gear, in a power break, going into 2nd gear my car bogs and will not burn 2nd. Wat is up with this?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 PM
11 Second Club

if you had traction control, for 1 you would have a switch.
for 2, if you tried to do a burn out, the pedal would get hard and push back agaisnt you, im pretty sure you wouldnt keep pressing down trying to do a burn out if its fighting you.....
Old 08-31-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Just look for the T/C Silenoid under the hood. Jeez. No Noid not T/C. Do you have one or two cables going to your TB? 1= no T/C, 2= T/C Easy Peezy
Old 08-31-2007, 11:51 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 94_9C1
...I cannot burn out at the track, my rear makes noise and my car vibrates, but on the street I can light up 1st and 2nd gear, in a power break, going into 2nd gear my car bogs and will not burn 2nd. Wat is up with this?
Because your car got traction and you had wheel hop. Anybody can break loose on the streets, and you don't get really any wheel hop what so ever on the street....unless you hook and get traction which you already stated you don't on the street.

Your car is not a TC car.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:33 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
Just look for the T/C Silenoid under the hood. Jeez. No Noid not T/C. Do you have one or two cables going to your TB? 1= no T/C, 2= T/C Easy Peezy
Uh...I think you have that backwards...As you can see in the picture, at least on my car, there is one cable going to the throttle body. The traction control solenoid is the black object in the bottom center of the picture next to the battery.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm..........if the car does not have TC then could this be a line lock switch??
Old 09-01-2007, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Yup you caught me i knew the T/C one had one more cable. So it's two and three. (but yes the non-T/C one has two cable to the TB.) Sorry bout that mix up. Was right bout the Noid though.