Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will Yella Terras reduce my P/V by more than .005?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will Yella Terras reduce my P/V by more than .005?

I have .085 clearance with my setup now, and would like to get the Yella Terras to quiet the valvetrain down. Per Paul @ Thunder Racing's advice, I shouldn't go below .080 clearance.

I know the only way to know for sure is to retest P/V after the rocker install, but I don't want to spend the money in the first place only to find out I don't have enough P/V.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:42 PM
TECH Addict

Default Re: Will Yella Terras reduce my P/V by more than .005?

I wish I had a dial indicator, then I could possibly measure the lift difference off the retainer.

I put a set on a couple weeks ago but my cam is mild and I have stock heads.

Eric
Old 05-29-2003, 09:58 PM
TECH Regular

I have .085 clearance with my setup now, and would like to get the Yella Terras to quiet the valvetrain down. Per Paul @ Thunder Racing's advice, I shouldn't go below .080 clearance.

I know the only way to know for sure is to retest P/V after the rocker install, but I don't want to spend the money in the first place only to find out I don't have enough P/V.
Are your heads milled out of curiousity? I have a larger cam and my heads are not milled at all and I am pretty sure I won't have to worry about P/V clearance but I dunno?
Old 05-29-2003, 10:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Are your heads milled out of curiousity? I have a larger cam and my heads are not milled at all and I am pretty sure I won't have to worry about P/V clearance but I dunno?
My heads are milled .010