Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 10:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here!

Whats up guys I have been directed here by a few good men over at The Turbo Forums. Since I had an incident up at the local dragway where a coolant hose let go at 120 through the traps in my turbo'd mustang and buried it into the wall, I have decided to leave the darkside and focus on my Chevy. My plan is to build a simple, but daily driveable pickup, thats bad to the bone and driveable as hell. I will be starting with a 1972 c10, and I am planning on going with a 6.0 truck block, and I am thinking about going with a set of the escalade heads. I am debating wether or not I want to row a six speed or tear it up with an auto. I was told to look into the escalade tranny (4l65e, maybee?) or a 4l80e only because It will be turbocharged and I want it to be fun to drive, not a handfull. I am thinking a pair of 67mm Masterpowers, (one of theese on my 302 made 501 ft.lb@ 4000 rpm, and @10psi boost!) but I am not looking for MAX power, but I do want to keep A/C, power steering and all that good stuff. I am thinking maybee the acessories off of a GTO, or Camaro might work, I will be having the headers built specifically for the truck, so I need to get the eng, in and mocked up before anything else. This is a vision as of right now, but I am here to start my research on theese killer engines and to learn what works and what not to do! I just threw one of theese things together for a freinds 01 camaro, we put a junkyard vette motor in it, and I am impressed with these engines. I cannot wait to get my hands on one and get going on this thing. Its going to be a fun winter! Later guys, Pat