Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Your opinions on a potential GTO

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Your opinions on a potential GTO

2005 PBM M6 GTO
17" stock wheels (I was told no strut rub issues)
Black interior

All good condition, a couple of door dings max, paint otherwise well taken care of.

Tranny was rebuilt by T56 rebuilds in Houston
Has RPS clutch (and flywheel??) <--not familiar with this brand, was told good to 500 RWHP. I am also concerned with pedal effort, because this will be my wife's driver. She has been driving a non-hydraulic manual Mustang GT for a couple of years, so it HAS to be better than that, even if heavier than stock. I would also appreciate comments on aftermarket pedal effort with hydraulic clutches in general.

What is your opinion of RPS, and what would be a good price. I've looked at NADA and KBB ad nauseum, but I want your gut feeling on a price.

I have read this board and LS2GTO at length, but I would appreciate comments on things to check when I look at the vehicle.

Thanks.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:58 AM
On The Tree

Go to the midwest section forum on ls2gto.com. There's a OKC goatherd thread and there will be a ton of guys there willing to help you out and maybe even look at the car with you.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks! I've noticed that there's an "Oklahoma Goat Herd" thread, but it's like 1,000 replies long, so I haven't read through it.

As for this car, I've decided to pass on it and keep looking. How are you liking your GTO?
Old 09-12-2007, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

I love my GTO. The seats are amazing and it's a great car all the way around. Especially after upgrading the suspension and adding some twin turbo's!!! Plus, not seeing one on every corner is a big plus for me. Yup, it does look a little like a cavalier on steroids, but it's still a great car.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
12 Second Club

why was the tranny rebuilt? would be my first question. also how many miles and if over 20 grand just get a 2006.... thats just me. is there anything done to this car and are you buying it from a person or a dealership. if your buying from a dealership they didnt pay the other guy crap for the aftermarket stuff. and they proably boned him for having the tranny rebuilt. so you shouldn't pay for it either in my opinion.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

cabro - I decided to pass on it, but to answer your question: the transmission was rebuilt due to a failure of a synchronizer. The dealership handled the removal and install under warranty, but the owner paid to ship it to T56 Rebuilds and also to have an RPS clutch and billet flywheel installed.

I decided to find a stock one, since my wife will be the primary driver.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
12 Second Club

thats what i would've done....

Quick Reply: Your opinions on a potential GTO