Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JetHot LT's Install W/ Hooker CatBack

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 05:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JetHot LT's Install W/ Hooker CatBack

Just got my JetHots yesterday. quality seems to be good, coating looks good, they fit right in, for reference i took the steering shaft, starter, & the gooseneck fitting on top of the oil filter out for excellent fitment. the headers slipped right in no problems. no k-member issues and no heater box issues. the headers do come about a 1/4 inch away from the k-member and about 3/16 away from the heater box. i'll see if i have any problems with that melting. Hooker y-pipe fit up great and so did the Hooker catback system. sounds really mean but it seems to be a little raspy or tinty yet. i guess i'll have to live with it. overall install excellent: 4 hours and a case of beer later!!
Old 05-30-2003, 01:43 PM
Restricted User

Default Re: JetHot LT's Install W/ Hooker CatBack

Good to hear the fitment is better, been hesitating maybe i will ge toff my **** adn do some. Anyway to trip the housing of the htr box? Maybe dremel a little down for more clearance if it is too close?
Old 05-31-2003, 04:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

My y pipe moves about 1 inch during WOT runs. I know this from trying to get a few different types of driveshaft loops to work. Have you tried a WOT run yet? I bet you will get banging if you do. I hope you dont though. I am in the market for headers and trying to decide which brand. Please let me know.
Old 06-01-2003, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

I am installing my JetHot Lt's next week I am also having a custom y-pipe made so there sould be NO fitment problems... glad to here that you like them
Old 06-01-2003, 08:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i have no floor banging issues on wot. But i replaced the driver side motor mount with the energy suspension poly mount. this helps the banging issue bigtime. you'll already have the side of the engine bare for the header install, this is a good time to replace that motor mount. there's much room!