Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wasn't there an old thread about elect vacuum pump's??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:34 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasn't there an old thread about elect vacuum pump's??

Looking for info about elect vacuum pumps. Pumps that guys actually used, not read about on Ebay. I thought there was a thread and a sponsor was selling a complete kit. I need it to pull 15 & work with a 16 V setup. Any help please post up, I tried search and nothing came up. I also don't want a big dollar pro stock deal either, this is for a temp project, we just want to try electric and compare the results.

Thanks guys,

JBL

Old 09-08-2007, 09:38 AM
11 Second Club

I have done a lot of research on vacuum pumps in the last year. Thunderracing sells an electric one that appears to simply be a corvette AIR pump. From what I have found, no one has been able to pull more than a couple inches of vacuum out of an electric pump and they don't last very long due to the oil getting inside them. You could run a filter in front of it but then the vacuum pull will be reduced.
If you need to pull 15"s you are going to need something more substantial than any electric setup.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What he said

Clip the pic for more info!

Old 09-08-2007, 06:08 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KCFormula
I have done a lot of research on vacuum pumps in the last year. Thunderracing sells an electric one that appears to simply be a corvette AIR pump. From what I have found, no one has been able to pull more than a couple inches of vacuum out of an electric pump and they don't last very long due to the oil getting inside them. You could run a filter in front of it but then the vacuum pull will be reduced.
If you need to pull 15"s you are going to need something more substantial than any electric setup.
Madman iis running the electic pump on Brady's F3r BBC, if it van keep those rings sealed it souldn't have any problems with a street motor.
Old 09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Vac pump didn't work for our setup. Brian built a puke tank and it's been smooth sailing ever since...
Old 09-08-2007, 08:04 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

With N2O, I'm not taking a chance with keeping the charge clean. If I can't find a proven set up, I'm going back to a moroso. I just remember we had a long thread about this and a sponsor was selling an electric pump setup. Like I said, if it doesn't pull 15, I'm not even going to try it. I already have the belts & gears for a moroso, just wanted to do a little test. My car has never been called a street car before??

Thanks guys, I'm about to give up anyway. I've been on the phone all day, and none are worth trying.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

You won't be able to buy a cheap electric vacuum pump that will pull 15". The $3xx setups probably couldn't pull over 1-2" on your engine, if that.