Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The weak links??

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The weak links??

What are the weak links for making high hp in the ls1 motor? What all I have found is....rod bolts...What else to make a strong ls1 motor to make around 600+ hp? Also, What power can the ls1 block take with good internals?
Thanks
Old 09-08-2007, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

tranny and rear with that much hp is what i would worry about. if you have an A4 its gonna die lol. if you are running a 6 speed your 10 bolt is toast. with good internals (as in aftermarket) 600 hp is fine and the stock block can take that easy.
Old 09-09-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Regular

I was aiming more for the internal of the motors... Such as the limits of stock internal parts...hp limit of stock pistons, hp limit of stock rods, hp limits of ls1/ls6 block, and such...I think we should all put our knowledge together and make some sort of sticky telling hp range these parts can handle...I did a search and found many questions like this but with no def answers....comon guys post up your experiences and thoughts!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 02:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's alot of info on this. Its asked every week. I'd say to shoot for around about 500rwhp max. There's alot of factors though, like compression, detonation, octane value, etc. All of these tie together. If you are going heads and cam with bolt on's you'll be fine as long as mileage isn't up there and the motor seems to be fine, etc. Make sure you match the combo up to work together and it gets a good tune. Its all in the tune. Basically the rods/rod bolts and pistons are what fail. If the stock motor lets loose, you could reuse the stock block and crank, if its not destroyed, and get forged rods and pistons. Than she's all ready for nitrous or boost.

Quick Reply: The weak links??