Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble codes on ECU, deletion and questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trouble codes on ECU, deletion and questions

After installing my AS&M headers I had to drive to the muffler shop to get the pipes welded. Anyway after doing this I used my Predator to check my engine/ECU.

The Predator came up with like 4 trouble codes. Basically readings from all 4 O2 sensors saying that there was low voltage to the sensors and that the engine was running lean.

I then deleted these codes after the headers were installed. Since doing this AND driving my truck I have rechecked my ECU and have found NO trouble codes.

When I drove my truck to the shop I practically rolled there, only about 10 miles. I barely gave it gas and was VERY careful. The truck feels fine but is it possible this short trip could have damaged anything, since the trouble codes came up saying that the engine was running lean?

Were the codes up because two of the sensors were not even detecting the exhaust gasses?

If those original trouble codes listed above were still causing problems (after I deleted them) wouldn't they come up again?

I hope Im making some sense here. I would appreciate any info you all could give.

Old 05-30-2003, 03:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Trouble codes on ECU, deletion and questions

Your trouble codes were in the freeze frame from running no exhaust. This will read lean to the O2s just like having an exhaust leak (but your's was MAJOR). No codes have come up since then so your fine.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Trouble codes on ECU, deletion and questions

thanks, thats what I thought BUT I just wanted to be sure.