Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF wires

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2003, 03:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF wires

I took apart my maf to do some polishing on it, and i noticed how dirty those sensor wires were. Is there any way to clean them without damaging the sensors?
Old 05-31-2003, 05:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Re: MAF wires

Aerosol electrical parts cleaner. Some auto parts houses carry it.
DO NOT touch or use anything that touches the sensor wires when you clean, or any other time...
They are very fragile and sensitive.
Good luck
Dave

Edit: I just noticed you have an A4 car. It is not wise to modify the MAF on an A4 car. The readings it sends the computer have a direct affect on line pressure in your tranny and several folks have damaged their trannys by modding the MAF. When you mod the MAF, I'm sure you know, it skews the readings sent to the computer which can help performance, but no one told the computer the readings are wrong for the electronic controlled tranny.
Good luck
Dave
Old 06-01-2003, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: MAF wires

Thanks ratio, i'll have to get me some of that aerosol cleanser. I wasn't planning on doing any mods to my maf because i've heard those same stories, and dont want to risk it. I was just polishing the exterior housing and i notice how filthy the wires were.