Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Woes: Replace with aftermarket or stock stuff

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 12:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Woes: Replace with aftermarket or stock stuff

Yes, Before anybody gets all crazzzzzzzzzzy and tells me to read the sticky, I have many times, and have researched a lot. But, I still am unsure of what to do. I am sick of this soft pedal ****, and need to fix it. I shouldn't have to drive around a car worrying about if I am gonna make the next shift, and also having to bleed my hydraulics every day just to have fresh fluid. I have done the drill mod (did not help). Bled the system twice (did not help...fluid is clear).

I have 2 options:

#1 - Textralia Clutch with new 01/02 Slave and Master Cylinder (drill mod included)

#2 - I guess the only 2 aftermarket companies with hydro's are Mcleod and Ram. So, I will get one of their clutches along with a matching slave and master cylinder.

Anybody have insight into either or their experiences with both.

I have to wonder when I see a TA or Camaro running a 402+ and shifting a 6-Speed at the track with a billio HP, and not having issues. What's the real solution.

Maybe a sponser is watching and can give me or us fellow Fbod owners a fix, and what works.

Thx. (sorry for another "my clutch is sticking" thread.

Last edited by soontobeLS1; 09-12-2007 at 01:26 AM.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Nobody has any success stories or advice?

Bump.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

It can be made to work. I run a Spec 3+ with an 01-02 slave and that's it--no issues. Insulate the hydraulic lines too. You don't have to replace the master if you don't want.

Get something from a reputable company for your power level, make sure it's installed right, break it in and you should be good. Just get the clutch you need too, not one you might need someday after you have 8000HP. Racing clutches are a pain on the street.