PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to test each injector and/or cylinder to see if ok?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any way to test each injector and/or cylinder to see if ok?

I have HPT.
Just curious as my warranty is about to expire. Any way, or any proceedure posted on how to make sure each injector is operating correctly, and to make sure each cylinder is pressuring the correct amount?

I know there is this thing called cylinder balance test on HPT, but no idea what it is or how to use. Instructions were kind of vague to me (at least last I looked on earlier vesion of HPT) on this subject, and didn't say what it does.

Thanks for any help or guidance!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully this is a bit less vague http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...ancetest4.html

Old 09-13-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

that is so cool
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by foff667
Hopefully this is a bit less vague http://www.thetuningdoctor.com/HPTun...ancetest4.html

Hmmm, you always seem to have these great little tidbits tucked away somewhere, lol! Awesome!

It looks like the video is decreasing the steps down to 47. What does this do, and what is trying to be achieved by lowering this number down from a preset of 60?

Also, the results on the left I assume are the cylinders, then it gives a number, and a percentage. What does the number and % equate to?

Sorry if dumb questions, haven't opened HPT in a while since haven't driven car much this year

And is there anything I can do to check the injectors to make sure each one is operating correctly?
Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You just need to take control of the iac basically to perform the test which is what I did, if you notice when I lowered the iac I also got my actual idle rpm to get closer & closer to my commanded idle rpm.

The number doesn't really "equate" to anything...basically your just looking for similar numbers across the board, otherwise you might have an issue.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the numbers represent what the rpm is at the time of each injector cut. And the percentage is just that off the base rpm. Basically for this test the higher number will show the weaker cylinder, be it from the injector, compression, or spark. Its a good little test that both HPT and EFI LIVE have. I use it quite often.