Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Best Ground point?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Best Ground point?

Which is the best ground method?

1. All my nitrous peripheral ground wires going to one single ground point.

2. All my nitrous peripheral ground wires going to the negative battery post.

3. Each nitrous peripheral ground wire going to the closest ground point available to the location of the peripheral.

4. It doesn't really matter.

My goal is an organized install without wires running like spider webs throughout the engine compartment
Old 09-16-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i pick 3
Old 09-16-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A Mix Of 1 And 3 Which Kinda Leaves You With 4

Basically Id Try To Ground Stuff Together But Its A Major Pita Then Dont Worry About It So Long As Everything Is Grounded Properly Also You Dont Wanna Be Running Hella Long Ground Wires Or Even Long Power Wires If You Dont Have To ..

I Think I Grounded All My Engine Bay Assories Together And Then Did A Seperate Ground For My Interrior Accessories
Old 09-16-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I'm trying to keep eberything underneath the hood in the engine compartment. So far, it looks like I'll only have to come through the firewall in one place to route all the wiring for the switch panel.

The only long lines for power will be for the bottle heater and transducer/pressure switch. It looks like I'll have to run two seperate wires from the bottle area (tunnel mount between the back seats), up through the center console, through the firewall and then the heater wire which goes to the 87 post on the 60 amp relay under the hood and two the transducer/pressure switch which wires in to the 86 post on the 60 amp relay. I'll take some pics later today and post them up so you'll get a clearer idea.

Any input is more than welcome ... believe me. I still need to fuse the switched power source to the arming switch and pick up a couple 1k rsistors for the guages so my guage lights don't burn out.