Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One Day It Will Run, The Next It Won't???

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question One Day It Will Run, The Next It Won't???

I have a 1999 Camaro LS-1 and 4l60E in a 1981 Blazer 2WD. I am using a stock fuel tank from a Blazer that had fuel injection as well as the FI sending unit and an AC-Delco EP-241 fuel pump. All of these parts where brand new when installed and my Blazer has not been driven yet, just started and let idle for around 5-10 mins tops since the swap. Monday of last week, the engine cranked and started right up. It wasn't ready to me driven just yet so I shut it off. Then 2-3 days later this past week I went out and tried to start it up. You can hear the fuel pump run for the usual two seconds when you first turn on the ignition but the engine does not turn over. You can hear the engine trying to start but it seems as if there is no fuel getting to the injectors.

I took the line off of the fuel rail and tried to start it again to see if the rail was getting fuel and it did not. So I started from the back of the Truck to make sure I had the right line on my Corvette FFR. The lines were plugged in right and the pressure line sprayed a little fuel out when I turned the key on. I did this at the front side of the FFR and at the last line at my frame that stops for a braided line that goes to the fuel rail. I even tried a long piece of flex line that would reach all the way back to my FFR from the fuel rail just in case the line that I originally was using was bad or clogged...I am out of options and do not know what to do.

Could the fuel pump that I am using not have enough power now to send fuel to the rail and to the injectors?? The engine was running good when I first got it started last week and then this past Monday.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

What happens when you turn the key to prime the fuel pump, turn it off, then turn the key prime then try and fire?
Old 09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now that I read it more... How much fuel do you have in your tank? Did you install the fuel pump bladder right? I know when its not on right or falls off, the fuel pump struggles to suck fuel to send it forward.
Old 09-23-2007, 10:35 PM
On The Tree

After thinking about the fuel not being able to go from the frame near the front right wheel up to the motor I figured my fuel pump was not putting out enough pressure. Sure enough after taking the fuel pump out of the tank, there was a slit in the rubber hose that connects the fuel pump to the sending unit tube for the pressure line. I replaced the hose and everything seems to be working fine now, except for some fuel leaking out of two injectors! I will try and tackle that later this week!
Old 09-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wildmanaaron
...there was a slit in the rubber hose that connects the fuel pump to the sending unit tube for the pressure line. I replaced the hose and everything seems to be working fine now...
what did you use to replace it? I had to do the same thing with mine and I used some hose that was supposed to be able to handle the pressure and the gas... but one week later, it was bubbling apart... now I have some marine fuel line stuff in there that seems to be working good... for now
Old 09-24-2007, 10:57 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I had the same problem and I used fuel injection hose and clamps from autozone.