Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

i am purchasing a set of LTs and i have the stock manifolds with the SLP y pipe and SLP 3" single in dual out exhaust. i am debating at the moment, do i need to get a new y pipe or can i cut it to fit, and how hard would running a true dual be? i was looking under the car today and was trying to figure it out because i have a lot of crappy roads and speed bumps around me and i dont wanna tear off the exhaust everyday
Old 09-22-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

better off getting a new ypipe because the LTs are going to throw all the angles off and it would just easier then to try and cut and line um up. Are you running reducers to fit that 3'' ypipe on the manifolds or is the ypipe smaller and it has a 3'' outlet to run the 3'' SLP catback? If the ypipe isnt 3'' piping, then you will def. need one to fit on the collectors of the headers. You could also run duals off the headers but they will usually hang lower and could run the risk of scraping, especially if you lower your car. hope that helps.