Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Amber 194 LED bulb questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 09:28 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Amber 194 LED bulb questions?

I was wondering if anyone is running these? Are they really necessary? Do they have heat issues as the amber 3157 incandesent bulbs do? Do you have to change out the flashers to run these? I figured that I would change them because my lenses are the diamond clears from Afterthoughts Auto and I thought that if amber bulbs werent showing that it would look better. You cant tell that LED bulbs are colored until they are on, so when the car is sitting, then it would all look clear in there, do yall follow? Dont mean to ask so many questions. Thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 08:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Amber 194 LED bulb questions?

Not really required. I did install them in mine. The four bulb version. VERY bright compared to stock, since the LED's face out like they should. I have had no problems with the little bulbs getting too hot.
Old 06-04-2003, 12:16 PM
9 Second Club NA

I didnt think that you had to, but I just wanted to make sure. The reason why Im putting them in, is because when the car sits and the lights are not on, you dont see any amber lighting in there. You cant tell that LEDs are a certain color until the come on. The four LED version is the one Im using from Jam Straight. I will be recieving the amber 3157s with the 15 LEDs from Afterthoughts Auto either today or tomorrow. Anyhow, thanks for the reply. By the way, you dont know of any manufacturer that makes these lenses with the 3157 socket facing horizontally and to the front of the car, instead of vertically facing down? I think that it would solve the problem of the LED bulbs not being bright enough. Thanks
Old 06-04-2003, 06:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do not know of any manufacturer that relocated the socket per say. Although I did find a manufacturer with LED's that face forward and to the perimeter too, so you get "fuller" illumination. Bad side the damned bulb costs $48.00 -EACH!
Old 06-07-2003, 11:01 AM
9 Second Club NA

Hey Xsta Z 28: Im not sure what you mean when you say that those LEDs "face forward and to the perimeter." Do you have a link or pic that you could post so that I know what youre referring to? Thanks buddy.
Old 06-28-2003, 08:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Where do we get these LED bulbs?
Old 06-28-2003, 09:05 AM
9 Second Club NA

I got mine at Autozone. I chose the amber ones for legal purposes, but when they are not in use, theyre clear. The ones that I got have 4 LEDs, but Im not sure if they make them with more or less. They were $10. The only thing that I know they dont carry (or at least around here) are the 3157 amber LED bulbs. I ordered mine from Afterthoughts Auto where I got my lenses from. I went with the 15 LEDs. Ill try to get pics up soon because it looks very stealthy with clear LED bulbs and then when they are in use, it looks very clean and crisp. By the way, all the bulbs Im running are made by Jam Straight.

Quick Reply: Amber 194 LED bulb questions?