Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

engine and rearend noise

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine and rearend noise

so i have what sounds like lifter noise in the engine and i was wondering if this is normal for these engine. i am running royal purple synthetic 5w30 in teh engine. it just make more tappet type noise as teh rpm goes higher and doesn;t go away. now the rearend as a very slight moan to it only under acceleration and as soon as i let off teh gas its fine but its noticeable to me. so do i have a bad lifter or two and is my rearend on its way out or is this normal?? i just dumpe dthe fluid onteh rearend about 4,000 miles ago and 3,000 miles of that driving was all highway from back home and my trip across the country. teh engine oil only has about 1,000 miles on it. i was just out at teh strip last friday though just wondering what thoughs and opinions are about it. i am in bremerton,wa
Old 09-25-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Regular

Ls1s are noisy its not uncommon to have one that sounds kinda like a sewing machine. It a normal problem and there are many threads about the infamous ls1 "tick". As for the rear end im not sure if thats common or not. i had a 2000 that had a bad rear end noise. my 2002 only makes a whine on certain roads and not all the time.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:34 AM
On The Tree

ok mine is only at certain speeds and generally going up hill which is common here in washington but thank you for the comment too i just wondered