Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Bad Driveline Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bad Driveline Vibration

I need help i notice a vibration at speeds around 80 - 150 and the vibration is more noticable when i push in the clutch. I t seemed to start when I replaced the stock driveshaft. So i had it rebalanced 3 times since then i have done these things. I started with a new driveshaft, new tires, new moser 9 inch, new clutch and rebuilt t56. The car is lowered but seemed to be fine before the new drive shaft. please help
Old 09-26-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It may be as simple as turning the shaft 180 degrees out from where it is. I have seen it fix problems before and its free, try it before you go hunting for more faulty parts.

You said new tires too, were they balanced when mounted?
Old 09-27-2007, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default yes and no

I will try that but this is my second driveshaft and i did rotate the first one. Yes tires r ok. Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 07:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you tried to re-install the old driveshaft?

Also is it more noticable when costing in neutral, or when your foot is on the clutch? If it's more noticable when you are coasting (rev's down) it is in the tranny back. If it's more noticable when your foot is on the clutch it's probably clutch/tranny.

Also try rotating tires and see if it moves on you.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

Vibration issues can be hard to diagnose without actually having the car present . Are there any spots where the exhaust touches the body ? When the vibration happens , what shakes ? The shifter , the rear view mirror , the steering wheel ?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:38 AM
Launching!

check your U joints too. i broke of on my truck and didn't know about it until it came all the way apart but could feel the vibration
Old 09-28-2007, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

It might be the pinion angle. Should be something like -2*. If you have adjustable tq arm or control arms, it could have been thrown off. Doesn't take much to create a vibration inside certain MPH ranges.

If the vibration goes away when you clutch and let off the gas while still coasting within the problem MPH range, it's motor or clutch related. If it doesn't, it's probably pinion angle or one of the other things described above.

Quick Reply: Bad Driveline Vibration