Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Knock knock...

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 05:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knock knock...

Hi everyone. Since I got my predator a few weeks ago, I've noticed that I'm getting A LOT of knock retard while cruising around. Anywhere from less than one degree to 9 or more! It only occurs when I'm already moving and then give her some gas (not mashing it, even a little gas will do it.) It does NOT happen when I go from a stop or when I'm WOT. So far I've done the following to try to remedy it:
  • Change the plugs to NGK TR55-IX's (stock plugs 7 and 8 had some gunk on the tips...)
  • Run liquid Sea Foam through the brake booster line (no smoke really came out)
  • Change the oil
  • Change the PCV valve (had some oil on it)
  • Run Red Line injector cleaner

None of that helped at all. When at higher speeds like above 50, when I give her gas from a cruise, sometimes I also hear a metallic sound that almost sounds like a scraping (probably pinging?) which is sometimes followed by KR to varying degrees. I can only get 91 octane here in Cali but I've been using 76 or Chevron gas the past month and it hasn't helped. Also, I do not have the Predator tune installed. I tried installing it but it didn't help so I went back to stock.

I'm stumped Any help or suggestion anyone could offer would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Old 06-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Knock knock...

Well sounds like you might want to try pulling out some timing. Try a little at a time and see what the live data has to say.