Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Line Lock Wiring???

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Line Lock Wiring???

I just recieved my Line Lock from SJM and the kit looks great!!! I do have one question though. There are 2 black 18AWG wires comming out of the solenoid, are they both ground wires or is one positive and one negative. Also if they are a positive and a negative which one is which b/c they aren't marked. I tried calling SJM but it went straight to their voicemail.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DTB_LS1
I just recieved my Line Lock from SJM and the kit looks great!!! I do have one question though. There are 2 black 18AWG wires comming out of the solenoid, are they both ground wires or is one positive and one negative. Also if they are a positive and a negative which one is which b/c they aren't marked. I tried calling SJM but it went straight to their voicemail.
You can use either one as a ground, its not polarity specific. A solenoid uses a + & - but it dosent matter which wire you use just as long as one is ground and one is positive. I have the same line lock BTW.
Old 10-05-2007, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like mentioned above, it does not matter. A solenoid is just a big coil of wire, no polarity to it. Just put one on ground and one to a 12v source. I've got a SJM kit also. There are very good to deal with.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I recently tested my line lock from them. At first I thought it wasnt working, but when I got out and looked at the ground, I saw the car was actually pushing the skinnies while they were locked. I thought that was funny. I was like wtf did I do wrong?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:03 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a SLP unit, but more or less they are they same, they used a Positive batt term on the driver side for power, and ran the ground in front of the fan shroud, then along the side of the passager fender into a grommet that leads into the engine compartment. From there grounded it to the air bag sensor in the consol. We put the switch next to my TCS button on the consol.