Old 10-05-2007, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Newbie Needs ur help

hello
i am newbie i own 2001 c5 corvette with autotrans mission
please guys need ur help to choose what to do with this car
i use this car for dailyuse since 2002 it have 120.000 miles on it
never had problem with my trans or engine since 2002
i want to mod this car for street racing and still i want her to be daily drive car
i like superchargers ... i was thinking if i want to buy rebuild engine for pro charger what do u recommend strocker on stock motor ? or 364,383,403,408,427,434 ? and what transmission i should use ? flp lvl4 ?flp lvl5,4L80,TH400 ?

:Note i need my car for dailydrive and i need it to be 550rwhp to 700rwhp Range
u know better than me guys so please tell me what to do and what the best rwhp for street with sticky tires

Here's one pic of my car

Last edited by White Shark; 10-05-2007 at 09:29 AM.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, when it comes to the engine that is more of a personal choice thing. Meaning, that question would be better suited for one of the companies that does that sort of thing often! I recommend calling Xtreme Horsepower... they are my next door neighbors and are LSx engine experts.

As far as my personal opinion..... there is absolutley no substitute for cubic inches... go big, waaay big!

As far as the transmission is concerned... I am going to assume the car is A4 equipped currently and a conversion is not necessary. However, being that it is a 4L60E if you were to go with a different unit entirely significant modifications would be required. That will become not only very expensive, but very time consuming as well. I personally would stay with the 60E. It can be built to withstand the punishment you are predicting.

One thing I see often is guys who build their cars for street duty is they think that the transmission will live a very long time without a failure. Many times it will, but not always.
My point is, any transmission that is not a severe duty racing transmission is subjected to a racing environment often is subject to failure. In other words... you gotta pay if you wanna play. It's an old cliche' but it is very applicable, very often.

If you would like to discuss some options I would be happy to talk your plans over with you... feel free to give me a call.

Good Luck with the project!

g
Old 10-05-2007, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Ratchthed
Well, when it comes to the engine that is more of a personal choice thing. Meaning, that question would be better suited for one of the companies that does that sort of thing often! I recommend calling Xtreme Horsepower... they are my next door neighbors and are LSx engine experts.

As far as my personal opinion..... there is absolutley no substitute for cubic inches... go big, waaay big!

As far as the transmission is concerned... I am going to assume the car is A4 equipped currently and a conversion is not necessary. However, being that it is a 4L60E if you were to go with a different unit entirely significant modifications would be required. That will become not only very expensive, but very time consuming as well. I personally would stay with the 60E. It can be built to withstand the punishment you are predicting.

One thing I see often is guys who build their cars for street duty is they think that the transmission will live a very long time without a failure. Many times it will, but not always.
My point is, any transmission that is not a severe duty racing transmission is subjected to a racing environment often is subject to failure. In other words... you gotta pay if you wanna play. It's an old cliche' but it is very applicable, very often.

If you would like to discuss some options I would be happy to talk your plans over with you... feel free to give me a call.

Good Luck with the project!

g
uhmmmm thanks for ur time pal
lets say i went with 364 strocker and procharger about 550 rhwp to 600rhwp
what type of transmission u recommend ?
Old 10-06-2007, 06:12 AM

Cmon Guys I Have 40k To Spend
Give Me Some Good Ideas
Old 10-06-2007, 07:43 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

FLT level 5 is what I would recommend. Just a heads up we build the units for FLP. If you would like to discuss your situation Give Chuck or myself a call when you have time. Vince