Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulic Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hydraulic Issues

Started about a week ago now, haven't driven the car since. Drove the car last thursday and everything worked great as usual. Parked the car and drove it again saturday morning, went to start it and noticed the clutch had a lot more play to it than normal. I have a centerforce in there with a ram adj. master and '01-'02 slave, and i can push the pedal a little more than half way down before the clutch engages. I drove it about 40 miles on saturday and it went into every gear fine, no grinding or anything just engagement was off. Got in it sunday, started it up and it wouldnt go into any of the gears. Clutch pedal felt about the same, but it wouldnt shift at all. I have a motorcycle that im driving right now but i would really like to get the car running again. I'm not sure whether its the master or the slave, because if it was the actual clutch i wouldnt be able to drive it at all, i know this cuz i blew up a ram hd before. I don't have the money or time to just drop the trans and check things over, so thats why i figured i'd ask first before i buy something to fix it. I'm hoping its the master, cuz if its the slave i'll need to take it somewhere . Oh, and when I checked the fluid in the master it seemed really low and was black and smelt burnt. Also smelled like something was burning outside of the car after i drove it. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd try topping off the fluid first. That's gonna be your cheapest and easiest solution. Cross your fingers and give it a shot.