Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cold Air Induction w/K&N Air Intake Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cold Air Induction w/K&N Air Intake Kit

I did some research on this and couldn't find anything , so don't bash if it's out there. I was wondering if anyone installed the SLP Cold Air Induction Package with K&N's Air Intake Kit ? It seems to me like they would work well together if you have an SS hood. Air would be coming from the bottom of the car with the cold air mod and from the top with help from the hoods scoop? Here's pics of the parts I'm talking about...

Old 10-05-2007, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the FTRA or SSRA version for the CAI and not the SLP. I think CAI is better suited for lids since in theory a lid and its base creates a chamber that the air is being forced in to to pass through the filter. IMHO I think the K&N version is opened up to under the hood temps and would not effectively capture the air forced to it. Maybe a Volant would be a better option for you. Not that I am on the Fast Toys band wagon but their new 85mm lid looks like it will provide really good gains.