Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

Need some info

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some info

OK i'm not up on the GTO's much really haven't kept up with anything this year, but anyway my buddy has an M6 04 GTO. Mods are gutted cats, single chambers with dumps, cold air intake and a Dynotune nitros system with 150 pills in it. Well I know that the goats weigh more than the f-bodys so there times and mph are a touch slower. OK with that out of the way here is what is going on. The car on dr's has gone with out the gas a 8.66 @ 82mph don't know the short time on that pass. took it to the track today with the gas and it only went 8.05 @ 88mph with a 1.89 short time. The thing that gets me the mph it seems it should turn a little more like around 90 or so. This car has no tunning done, so do you guys think. Now I did a search on this torque mangement stuff but I don't know much about it because this is the first I have heard of it, but now it seems that this could have something to do with it or is the car on par for what it is. Sorry so long just want to try to cover everything. All comments welcome. Thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 11:32 PM
11 Second Club

Sounds right considering the 60'. Get the car tuned and you'll ditch the TM (even though it's not as bad on the M6 cars) and it'll run better with the N2O. Does the car have NGK TR-6's or similar colder spark plugs?? Has the car been on the dyno to see how it runs on the N2O? Header's will help.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:59 AM
On The Tree

No it hasn't been on the dyno or tuned yet. I'm not for sure if he changed the plugs I told him to put in a set of TR6's though so I'm assuming he did when he installed the N2O kit. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-20-2007, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

you will notice a big difference from a tune.

Quick Reply: Need some info