New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To Restomod Or Not To RestoMod, Now This Is The Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question To Restomod Or Not To RestoMod, Now This Is The Question

In the not so distant future, I plan to buy a late 70's TA. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I'm looking for a car that's already been restored. However, most of the remods I've seen, usually don't upgrade the motors. As you know, by this time in the 70's, the muscle car crazy was winding down to insurance hikes and federal emissions restrictions. The motors, the 400 and the 403 were detuned to a mere 200 horsepower rating at best. For me to buy a 15,000 car and spend an addition 5-7000 dollars for motor upgrades, seems like a hell of a lot more money. Do I just buy a junker and have someone remodel it to my specs? Please advise.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you can spend $20-$22k, and get something you like with all the work done, and spend it all in one lump at one time, or you can buy a junker that could take more or less money to put in the same condition as the one that's done, not to mention having to wait for it to be fixed/modded
The choice IMO is simple, better the one that's done, than the one that's a junker (with a boatload of potentially expensive problems)
One mans opinion