Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny Locks up in 1st

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:08 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tranny Locks up in 1st

The other day I put my 95 Camaro back together and drove it around. It till has a 4L60e. I recently add the LE3 heads a cam and a fuddle 4k stall. when I put in drive the car would move but it took alot of revs to get the car moving. I realize that the tranny was stuck in 3rd so I put the shifter in manual 2 and I had 2nd. Once I put in manual 1 it stopped the car almost instantly, It felt as if I had a trans brake. It would load the convert up but the car wouldnt move. This was the first time I've driven the car since it was all apart. While the car was apart I had the trans sent out to be built up. I just want some ideas on what could be the problem before I call up the place that built the trans.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:28 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Barney does your trans have the trans-go hd-2 kit in it? I have seen on the transmission dyno if I leave my shifter box in third or unplug the case connector it will do just as you have described. Your trans is definitely in limp mode do to a no power or a forced 3rd gear condition. Vince
Old 10-21-2007, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes it has the trans-go hd-2 kit in it.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:56 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well the limp mode condition with the trans go kit explains as to why it is bound up in low. I would suggest not driving it until you get the trans issues corrected. Do you have a way to scan the trans for codes? If so and you come up with a bunch of them I would check to make sure that the transmission case connector is fully plugged in. Also make sure that your ground straps on the heads are tight.