Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

new clutch opinions

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new clutch opinions

whats up guys-im sending my car in to get my trans rebuilt, and i figured i might as well get a new clutch while i have the trans out. i havent sprayed the car yet with my nitrous, but im also going to put LT's and a cam in the near future...so the stock clutch will say bye bye soon enough haha. anyways, after reading on here for a few hours, i'm leaning towards the tex 0700. i wanted to do the ls7, but it seems like that may not hold with the future mods? this is my daily driver so i want something that isnt going to burn up-i drive it hard on the street occasionally and rarely take it to the track. i feel like the tex will be more than enough clutch, being that i dont want to do this again in a year or so. any and all opinions welcome!!
Old 10-25-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

and yes, i have started saving for a new rear. would it be a waste of money to get a new master cylinder rather than do the drill mod?
Old 10-25-2007, 04:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What sort of power are you planning?

I have several customer spraying the snot out of theirs LS7 / LS2 setups. I prefer to install that setup, no alignment issues, all new parts, not remanned cores, holds brutal h/p.

g
Old 10-25-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Regular

i mentioned in the first post im going to be putting on headers and a cam for sure, right now a have a halo kit that i would eventually like to be spraying at 125 or more. maybe headers a ways down the road...but if i eventually have the money for that, then the price of the clutch wont matter. basically im just asking if i would be ok with the mods i mentioned with an ls7. thanks for the reply.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would reccomend the new Cartek setup. I got mine in and I LOVE it!! The pedal feel is stock. Plus the new master and slave comes with it. It takes track passes on DR's and WOT power shifts like nothing ever happend.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:36 PM
TECH Regular

what did that run ya? anyone else? keep it comin guys!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PM'd ya